The distinguishing features of Mid-Century Modern Style consist of a classic, understated look, and clean lines with minimal fuss.
- Functionality is important, as form follows function
- Easy to clean, easy to move
- Easy to fix, easy to renew or repair (easy to care)
- Each furniture has opportunity to show its existence with clear details.
- Uncluttered and sleek lines with both organic and geometric forms
- Minimal ornamentation
- An exploration of different traditional as well as non-traditional materials
- The juxtaposition of different, and sometimes contrasting materials